Monday, July 21, 2008

Dress Rehearsal Rag

Four o'clock in the afternoon
and I didn't feel like very much.
I said to myself, "Where are you golden boy,
where is your famous golden touch?"
I thought you knew where
all of the elephants lie down,
I thought you were the crown prince
of all the wheels in Ivory Town.
Just take a look at your body now,
there's nothing much to save
and a bitter voice in the mirror cries,
"Hey, Prince, you need a shave."
Now if you can manage to get
your trembling fingers to behave,
why don't you try unwrapping
a stainless steel razor blade?
That's right, it's come to this,
and wasn't it a long way down,
wasn't it a strange way down?
...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some days it don't come easy
Some days it don't come hard
Some days it don't come at all
and these are the days that never end

As long as the planets are turning
As long as the stars are burning
As long as your dreams are comming true--
You better believe it!--